Rock Radio Northern Ireland
NEWS: Europe and Black Star Riders reveal album release details and tracklisting ahead of Belfast and Dublin dates
Straight from the press releases...
Last Updated (Wednesday, 10 December 2014 20:56)
NEWS:Cattle Decapitation album promise
Cattle Decapitation to record new albumSchedule final shows in support of "Monolith of Inhumanity"
Last Updated (Wednesday, 10 December 2014 20:58)
NEWS: Amity Affliction avoiding Belfast, Blind Guardian release new single, Nightwish update and a new Behemoth video
The Amity Affliction hyperbole:
<span id="yui_3_16_0_1_1418121439044_53517" style="font-family:
NEWS: NEW POWERWOLF ALBUM COMING IN 2015!
During the past six months POWERWOLF have secretly been more than busy writing songs for the follow up album to their Nr.1 success "Preachers of the night".
INTERVIEW: Keith from The Quireboys receives a gently grilling...
WHEN The Quireboys hit Belfast on 21st November it was another night of rock 'n' roll fun of the highest order. Shortly after the soundcheck we caught up with the Tandragee man on the keys, Keith Weir.
Beer and ciggies up at the Limelight complex's Rock Garden we got down to chatting. Here's the result. [Pic by Paul Verner]
The Quireboys to wrap up Spring Acousatuc tour at Diamond Rock Club
NI ROCKS Playlists for November 2014
There are two NI Rocks Shows each week on Rock Radio NI. These are the playlists for the shows for the month of November. These shows are still available from the On Demand Player. There are over 100 different artists featured on the two shows this month. Playlists for the previous month are also still available - http://www.rockradioni.co.uk/news/rrni-updates/1708-ni-rocks-playlists-for-october-2014.html
There were also 8 album recommendations posted in November -http://www.rockradioni.co.uk/back-stage/music-reviews.html
NI ROCKS Recommends "Empire 21" by EMPIRE 21
Swedish band Empire 21 released their self-titled debut album through their own Empire 21 Records label on 28th November. I have to say that this was one of those albums that impressed me from the very first listen. The quality of the vocals, guitar riffs and overall production really are superb. The expression “no fillers” is often over-used, but this really is one of those albums where that is the case. I could have picked any track to play on the Friday NI Rocks Show on 5th December, but I’ve went with the opening track “When You’re Falling”. Expect more in the weeks to come!
Last Updated (Friday, 05 December 2014 23:49)
NEWS: Enslaved report from the studio
LET's face it - we like Norwegians, whether they be hard rockers, or purveyors of extreme metal, or those that deliver black metal visions of infernal damnation.
We have a particular soft spot for Enslaved...and we just caught up on their progress towards releasing their next platter....here's the blurb.
NI ROCKS Recommends "Albion" by TEN
“Albion” is the eleventh studio album by Ten since 1996 and was released on 24th November through Rocktopia / Cargo Records. The band of course has a big following amongst melodic hard rock fans who will purchase the latest release as a matter of principle I’m sure. I, on the other hand, might be referred to as an “occasional listener” to the band. The melodic hard rock genre can be a bit hit and miss for me personally and I guess that reflects the wide diversity of music that is branded as such! Anyway, having now taken several listens to “Albion” since receiving it from Rock n Growl promotions I have to say that there’s definitely plenty there to impress me. The first single from the album “Die For Me” has already been played on the Friday NI Rocks Show.
ALBUM REVIEW: Primordial show their primalm roots on 'Where Greater Men Have Fallen'
SOMEWHERE in the mists, amidst the mythology; where time stands frozen; and, where music faces the darkness in defiance, Primordial have been growing their dark tales with a passion and persistence that has reached a peak on their latest release, 'Where Greater Men Have Fallen'.
The success of 'To The Nameless
- NEWS: Giving at Christmas with Stillroom [And a wee bit of Trucker too!]
- NI ROCKS Recommends "Mental Revolution" by NUBIAN ROSE
- NI ROCKS Interview with ERIK HEIKNE from MISS BEHAVIOUR
- NI ROCKS Recommends "R.I.S.E." by LAWLESS
- NI ROCKS Videos of Y & T in THE LIMELIGHT, BELFAST
- NI ROCKS Interview with JOE LYNN TURNER
- INTERVIEW: Skálmöld chat about the price of a pint in Iceland... and their tour so far.
- INTERVIEW: Audrey Horne's Arve reveals the secret to becoming an overnight success....
- NI ROCKS Recommends "Dirty Thrills" by DIRTY THRILLS
- ALBUM REVIEW: Languid, luscioius, love-bitten delights with re-release of This Is Rock N Roll II from The Quireboys
- LIVE REVIEW: International roll call as Skalmold, Arkona and Eluveitie bring folk, pagan and Viking metal to Belfast
- LIVE REVIEW: 40 and going strong Y T keep on rockin' hard
- LIVE REVIEW(S): 21 bands in 16 days - who says there's no rock and metal out there?
- NI ROCKS Videos of ELECTRIC MARY in the DIAMOND ROCK CLUB
- ALBUM REVIEW: Sound of the Loud Minority shout from Crazy Lixx on self-titled barnstormer platter
- NI ROCKS Recommends "Crazy Lixx" by CRAZY LIXX
- NI ROCKS Recommends "Rated X" by RATED X
- ALBUM REVIEW: Electric Mary's electrifying rock captured on 'The Last Great Hope
- NI ROCKS Playlists for October 2014
- LIVE REVIEW: Rollin' down the Black Stone Cherry highway in Belfast