Rock Radio Northern Ireland
GIG REVIEW: SONI Rocks The Empire as Million$Reload and Maverick rip through storming sets
It was also a
ALBUM REVIEW: Tearing down the walls of Empires -By Conquest of Consent roar defiantly on début album
THERE are times in any reviewers life when words fail them - thankfully it has never afflicted any of our review team yet, but we were damn close when sitting down to review Belfast's By Conquest Or Consent début release Empires.
EP Review: Triggerman booze and preacher metal pound out on Origins, Lost Travellers Rock 'n Roll Heaven
TRIGGERMAN. For those who are in the know the name conjures up a hellish, groove laden, preacher metal, with more swing than a hundred playgrounds.
After the simply wonderful Hail to the River Gods album in 2012 it was with some trepidation that news of an EP release perhaps would be a placeholder, a rehash, a holding statement from the
GIG REVIEW: Elemental forces flay Belfast when the thrash invasion of Donum Dei, Artillery and Onslaught
THRASH is dead, long live thrash! When the NWOBHM met punk and classic rock in a dark alleyway the bastard child of this unholy threesome was born, kicking and screaming and was dubbed thrash metal.
Ebbing and flowing throughout decades, thrash has always been there since, and Belfast was battered by the Thrash Invasion of Onslaught and
GIG REVIEW: Where to find one's soul: Soulfly and Lody Kong, Belfast
THE soul is a fragile thing; and even though most of the assembled reviewers on this site are mostly atheists, and have no time for a deux ex machina, there can be few who love hard rock, punk and metal that doubt the balm for the deepest part of ourselves that a damn good extreme gig can provide.
Such was the case when Soulfly, backed
RICHIE SAMBORA / ORIANTHI on ROCK RADIO NI
Rock Radio NI was privileged to interview both Richie Sambora and Orianthi recently. Links to both interviews and reviews of the gigs in Dublin on 30th June and Belfast on 1st July are listed below.
Interview with Richie
Interview with Orianthi
Review of Dublin Gig
Review of Belfast Gig
The mghty Mastodon set to maul Belfast in November
MAD, loud and cerebral Mastodon are set to maul Belfast with a Limelight1 date in November.
Progressive metal, hardcore nioseniks and all round eight-legged metallic madness, Mastodon have been scurrying round the globe making friends and changing the musical landscape.
NI ROCKS Recommends "NxN" by NIGHT BY NIGHT
Night By Night release their debut album “NxN” in the UK through Cargo Records on the 14th July. This excellent offering follows on from the previous digital promotional EP “Tune Out The Static” which we’d featured tracks from quite a few times. You’ll already have heard tracks from “NxN” if you’ve been listening to the Friday NI Rocks Show on Rock Radio NI recently.
Last Updated (Tuesday, 08 July 2014 19:59)
INTERVIEW: A full battery of Artillery coming to Belfast, we caught up with the Dansh thrashers Michael Stützer ahead of Monday night
COMING our way on Monday (14thJune) is a thrash feast when Onslaught, Artillery and local up and coming stars Donum Dei land with a thud at Limelight2.
Summer of metal rolls on - gear up for Soulfly....and much more
RIGHT, buckle on your bullet belts, pick out an appropriate t-shirt and get set for the next stage of the Summer of Metal.
On Thursday Max Cavalera - the man with more side projects than hours in the day - lands with his merry band of metal mayhem men in Belfast's Limelight1 for a Thursday night of grooves, fury and rhythms from across
NI ROCKS Recommends "Roadkill" by DEAD END HEROES
Apparently Dead End Heroes are a band that shouldn’t be, and “Roadkill” is an album that should have been very different. All of which makes the fact that the album is excellent all the more note-worthy. “Roadkill” was released through AOR Heaven on 30th June and it is well worth checking out.
Last Updated (Thursday, 10 July 2014 06:35)
- ALBUM REVIEW: Weaving wonders with sci-fi extreme technical death metal from Allegaeon
- NI ROCKS Interview with ORIANTHI
- Caught in a Mosh - Anthrax lay down the thrash law in Belfastnece
- Day Two of Richie Sambora's tour of the island of Ireland: Review
- Day one of Sambora's Island of Ireland tour in Dublin: Review
- Slayer's force of nature blows dark winds through Belfast's Limelight
- Rock(d) keeps rockin' with metal heat: Rabid Bitch of the North, Stormzone and Baleful Creed
- Sweden, Faroe Isles and Finland to arrive in Belfast 7/12 as Sabaton, Korpiklaani and Tyr
- INTERVIEW: Darkest Era evolve through transition and unleash Severance upon us. Guitarist Ade Mulgrew explains
- NI ROCKS Playlists for June 2014
- Summer of metal well underway - welcome back Slayer
- Make a musical stand against racism - Friday at the Limelight
- Apocalyptic anthems aired as Avatar's showmanship rolls into Belfast
- Dee, Isiah and Solomon - the brothers who are Radkey prep for June 25th Oh Yeah show
- Post-rock? That'll be Slint in Limelight2
- NI ROCKS Interview with Ged Rylands of RAGE OF ANGELS / TYKETTO
- Flaconer muscle up their folk metal blast with a battle metal edge
- NI ROCKS Recommends "Into The Fire" by DIESEL
- Simple, great song writing - Tom Harte checks out Tesla's Simplicity release
- Decent slab of melodic rock from Night Ranger