Rock Radio Northern Ireland
NEWS: JOANovARC release new single and video
Now the band are set to release their new White Trash single through Red Vixen Records and unveil a brand new video (see below).
JOANovARC a four piece and explain
NI ROCKS Recommends "Machination" by SECRET RULE
“Machination” is the second album from Italian band Secret Rule and it was released by Scarlet Records on 24th June. The band formed in 2014 and released their debut album “Transposed Emotions” through Rocksector Records in February 2015. I posted a recommendation for that album last year and played tracks from it on quite a few occasions. It was good therefore to get an e-mail about the new album. I played the track “The Image” on the Friday NI Rocks Show on 19th June.
NI ROCKS Recommends "Departed" EP by DEPARTED
Departed released their self-titled EP on 18th June and it’s one that is well worth checking out. The press release that accompanied the e-mail we received immediately grabbed my interest as it revealed that the band included Empire of Fools singer Mark Pascall and former Treatment guitarist Ben Brookland. I’ve played Empire of Fools tracks on Rock Radio NI quite a bit and the Brookland era Treatment (up to late 2013) probably produced their best material. A quick listen to the EP confirmed that it was indeed something special.
ALBUM REVIEW: Don't let the silly title put you off - Acid Age's latest release has class in its hyper speed grooves
WHEN you sit down to consider what to call your album, it can be a laborious chore; writer's block can cripple all thoughts, a wrenching agony trying to decide what best encapsulates your sound, your vision and the passion you put into the platter you are about to unleash into the public realm.
Then it must only be 'Like A Combine Harvester In A Field Of Crippled Rabbits' if your band is Acid Age'. No other choice really.
Of course it's full throttle thrash metal
ALBUM REVIEW: The Amorettes on blistering form - true White Hot Heat
HARD working three-piece, The Amorettes, have earned their stripes on the road, with solo shows and support slots with the likes of Danko Jones and Europe to name but a few. Most recently they had a Download slot when they had a chance to air some new tunes.
Those tunes have emerged like a slick snake of fun from their release on Off Yer Rocka of the album 'White Hot Heat'. And, what an album it is!
This is a collection of 10 tunes that put you
NEWS: NWOBHM pioneers Grim Reaper set for a new album.
BACK in the days when the New Wave of British Heavy Metal was still young Grim Reaperwere among the pack getting the plaudits and play listings on The Friday Rock Show as well as features in Sounds and latterly Kerrang (when it was a metal mag).
Now titled officially Steve Grimmett's Grim Reaperthe band has signed with new label Dissonance Records, and they are set to release their new album 'Walking In The Shadows' on September 23rd, the band's first release since
NEWS: Motionless In White release new track
MOTIONLESS in White - who played in Belfast earlier in the year
ALBUM REVIEW: Six Feet Under dig into the vaults for Graveyard Classics IV - The Number Of The Priest
A COVERS album. What's the fucking point, you've heard the songs before. Except when its a covers album by Six Feet Under.
Truth be told we never really 'got' the whole Graveyard Classic thing before. It was all well and good and a little entertaining. However, on number four they have nailed it impressively, Barnes practically losing it in an effort to extract each ounce of fun in his death metal delivery of 11 classics.
With the title 'Number of the Priest'
ALBUM REVIEW: Stampeding thrash - Enrage The Beast second release from Bull-Riff Stampede
THRASH. When it is done well there is no purer adrenaline rush, that feeling that your face has been dragged through s barbed wire fence, yet you are still smiling.
The new Bull-Riff Stampede release, 'Enraging The Beast' has that effect, but with an added smack to the face. Yet, you'll still be smiling after they kick you in the ass all the way into the mosh pit.
From the title track opener, through to closer 'Lone Ember' they rarely put a foot wrong; no
NI ROCKS Recommends "Heavy Rock Radio" by JORN
Sometimes you hear a cover version of a classic rock track and the response could range from cringing a little to outright revulsion. Other times, it can be almost a revelation, and sound as good, or even better than the original. My response to Jorn’s album “Heavy Rock Radio” which was released by Frontiers Records on 3rd June, definitely falls into the latter category. Having listened to previous cover versions released by Jorn over the years, I was expecting no less. In other words, there are cover versions and then there are Jorn Lande cover versions!!
- NI ROCKS Interview with BECKY from ONE LAST RUN
- JON ANDERSON, TREVOR RABIN AND RICK WAKEMAN REUNITE TO FORM ANDERSON, RABIN WAKEMAN (ARW)
- Heart – New Album “Beautiful Broken” out on 8th July and UK Tour
- NEWS: Frontiers go all metal with new festival
- NEWS: Derange prep for Bloodstock with new single
- COMIN' ATCHA: Metal community sues for bankruptcy as more shows announced...includi ng Onslaught, Alient Ant Farm, and much, much more
- ALBUM REVIEW: Welsh rockers Buffalo Summer hit and miss on second release
- LIVE REVIEW: Eroding the boat of metal woe...Distortion Project's Saturday of mighty mayhem
- NI ROCKS Recommends "Never Alone" by STITCHED UP HEART
- THE DEAD DAISIES RELEASE VIDEO FOR THEIR NEW SINGLE ‘LONG WAY TO GO’
- THE CADILLAC THREE ANNOUNCE NEW ALBUM ‘BURY ME IN MY BOOTS’
- NI ROCKS Recommends "Death Thy Lover" by CANDLEMASS
- RICKY WARWICK Premieres Video for "SCHWABEN REDOUBT" on WAR HISTORY ONLINE
- NI ROCKS Recommends "Pervert County" by VOODOO HIGHWAY
- VIDEOS of TREMONTI performing in The Limelight, BELFAST
- NI ROCKS Recommends "All This Could Be Yours" by SHOTGUN REVOLUTION
- NI ROCKS Playlists for MAY 2016
- LIVE REVIEW: Ironheart and Sinocence pound the Diamond with a glorious metal assault
- LIVE REVIEW: The Answer and Screaming Eagles bring down the rock and soul at Limelight
- ALBUM REVIEW: Tarja teases with prequel release The Brightest Void