Rock Radio Northern Ireland
NEWS: Mike LePond, Inter Arma, Nonpoint updates
NI ROCKS Recommends "The Answer of Insanity" by FAITHSEDGE
“The Answer of Insanity” is the second album from Californian band Faithsedge, following on from their self-titled debut that was released in 2011. The new album is released through Scarlet Records on 1st September and delivers ten great rock tracks. The press release states that Faithsedge provide “a perfect mix of hard rock, heavy metal and progressive, with lots of vocals and hooks, shredding guitar solos, pounding bass and drums and plenty of melodically challenging songwriting.” Who am I to argue with that!?!
NEWS: SLF hit lucky 13 in Rock Album charts
THEY are influential, they are radical, and they are among the best in the world at what they do. They are from Belfast, and they are Stiff Little Fingers.
Their stunning album, 'No Going Back' was funded via a very successful Pledge Music campaign. Now with worldwide distribution through Mondo
NEWS: Liv Kristen goes solo, Alestorm storm the charts
By Nico Solheim-Davidson
Liv Kristine reveals details for new solo album
LIVE REVIEW: Amon Amarth Darkest Era - From The Viking Pit
MIGHTY Odin may have gazed with his one eye upon Belfast's Limelight1 on August 12th when the echoes of the heroic warriors spirits from Valhalla resounded like Loki's steed hooves flying across the roof of the world and Thor splitting the leaden skies with storms of metal.
The Celtic metal warriors who are Darkest Era
NI ROCKS Recommends "Worlds Entwined" by SCAR FOR LIFE
“Worlds Entwined” is the fourth studio album from Scar For Life, the band founded by guitarist Alexandre Santos in 2008 and it is released through Escape Music on 29th August. The band also released a compilation album last year. There have been numerous line-up changes during the lifespan of Scar For Life and the most recent brings a local interest in the form of Rob Mancini, the new vocalist who also wrote all the lyrics for the tracks on the album. Mancini took up residence here some time ago after fronting German bands Hotwire and Crush. He has remained busy recording and producing and released his solo album “Rock ‘n’ Roll Circus” in 2011.
NI ROCKS Recommends "Get Your Rock On" By X-DRIVE
Few people are likely to have heard of X-Drive ahead of the release of their debut album “Get Your Rock On” by Frontiers Records on 22nd August. The band were brought together to record the album in 2013 and got signed to a worldwide deal in the process. What caught my eye in the press release was the involvement of Burning Rain (and Montrose) frontman Keith St John on vocals. Anything involving St John is always worth checking out, and that proved to be particularly true with X-Drive. “Get Your Rock On” is a fantastic debut and hopefully it’ll be followed up by live performances and more albums.
NI ROCKS Recommends "Space Invader" By ACE FREHLEY
Sometimes you know just what to expect from an album and you’re relieved that it delivers exactly that expectation when you play it. From the opening seconds of the first track through to the last, “Space Invader” delivers what you expect from Ace Frehley. And in my humble opinion that can only be a good thing. Regardless of their position on the debate about the strengths of the various Kiss line-ups, the Hall of Fame and the on-going war of words most Kiss fans (or at least those of my generation) will acknowledge the strength and timelessness of the Kiss albums from the 1970s. When I listen to Ace Frehley’s solo albums I always get that 70’s Kiss vibe, perhaps with a more modern twist, but undeniable never the less.
LIVE REVIEW: Rockin' the Diamond with Ajenda and Lo Mejor
THE Diamond Rock Club has seen quite a few things in recent weeks, from a confirmed engagement through to a wedding reception on Saturday (9th August).
The wedding reception to the tunes of Ajenda and Lo Mejor was appropriate as the happy couple, Cathy and Graham first dated at an Ajenda gig...in the
NI ROCKS Recommends "Adrenaline Rush" by ADRENALINE RUSH
It can only be a good thing for the rock scene when two consecutive album recommendations relate to bands whose members are generally young enough to be my kids! The previous recommendation was for Black State Highway. This one is for another female fronted band called Adrenaline Rush, who hail from Sweden and whose self titled debut album is released through Frontiers Records on 22nd August. I would guess that Adrenaline Rush should find a strong following amongst the younger rock fans, but there is also a great deal worth recommending to the older generation like myself!
NI ROCKS Interview with GREGORY LYNN HALL
I recently posted a recommendation for “Heaven To Earth”, the new album from Gregory Lynn Hall, that was released through AOR Heaven on 28th July (http://www.rockradioni.co.uk/back-stage/music-reviews/1608-ni-rocks-recommends-qheaven-to-earthq-by-gregory-lynn-hall.html). I mentioned in that post that I didn’t know too much about the artist at that time. So how better to find out some more than to ask the man himself?
Last Updated (Friday, 08 August 2014 20:29)
- Where to find our review of Prong and Sinocence....
- EP REVIEW: 12-legged crustacean crushes as Warcrab revel in the Ashes of Carnage
- NEWS: Prong, Slomatics, Ajenda in another busy week
- MAVERICK - Paint By Numbers video
- NI ROCKS Recommends "Black State Highway" by BLACK STATE HIGHWAY
- LIVE REVIEW: Super and fantastic night with Eric Martin and Phil Bam (M$R) in County Antrim
- LIVE REVIEW: War, doom and thrash - Limelight caught in headlights by Wardomized, Owlcrusher and Scimitar
- LIVE REVIEW: The Bluefields bring a blast of southern charm and rock 'n' roll to County Antrim
- ALBUM REVIEW - OBSCENITY WARNING - How Alestorm mark the Sunset of the Golden Age - avast ye landlubbers!
- NI ROCKS Playlists for July 2014
- INTERVIEWS: Bloodstock! We're comin' to get ya! Stormzone and Rabid Bitch of the North preview their festival appearance
- NI ROCKS Interview with ROLF MUNKES of DEAD END HEROES
- ALBUM REVIEW: The evolving Sonic Syndicate now moulding a new style
- INTERVIEW: Wovenwar's Josh Gilbert and the band put the past to bed and All Rise to hit the boards
- GIG REVIEW: Thunder in Ahoghill - Stormzone and Donum Dei roar in County Antrim
- NI ROCKS Recommends "Heaven To Earth" by GREGORY LYNN HALL
- NI ROCKS Recommends "Electric Wake" by RONNY MUNROE
- ALBUM REVIEW: Hey you! Listen up to the gospel of rock 'n' roll delivered by The Quireboys on Black Eyed Sons
- NI ROCKS Interview with DAVE MENIKETTI of Y&T
- ALBUM REVIEW: Killin' y'all with musical power to vanquish all - Ikillya's Vae Victus