Rock Radio Northern Ireland
GIG NEWS - DELAIN, EVERGREY AND KOBRA & THE LOTUS in Dublin
NAPALM RECORDS announced details of DELAIN’s return to the UK and Ireland in November 2016 to support the upcoming album release scheduled for the summer 2016!!! Special guests on the tour which includes a show in Dublin on 11th November are EVERGREY and KOBRA AND THE LOTUS. The tour follows a 19 date tour of Europe
Last Updated (Friday, 20 May 2016 19:55)
NI ROCKS Recommends "Edge of Tomorrow" by SUNSTORM
“Edge of Tomorrow” is the fourth album from Sunstorm, a band that features the vocals of Joe Lynn Turner (JLT). It was released through Frontiers Music on 13th May. The previous three albums were all also released by Frontiers; in three yearly intervals from 2006 to 2012 following a meeting between JLT and Frontiers President Serafino Perugino. The first single from the new album was the title track “Edge of Tomorrow” which featured on the NI Rocks A-Z Show on 26th April.
NI ROCKS Recommends "Who We Are" by VEGA
“Who We Are” is the fourth studio album from British band Vega and it was released by Frontiers Music on 13th May; just after the band set off on a UK tour supporting rock legends Magnum. That tour includes an appearance at Limelight 1 in Belfast on 27th May. The first single from the album was “White Flag” which featured on the Friday NI Rocks Show on 13th May. I also played the track “Explode” on the Show on 20th May.
NI ROCKS Recommends "Night Brings Insanity" by PRIMITAI
“Night Brings Insanity” is the latest album from London based band Primitai and it was released on 9th May. Primitai formed back in 2003 and this is their fourth album. They pride themselves on being a traditional metal band and this new line-up has certainly delivered with a great album that I’d recommend checking out. The track “Night Hunter” is included on the Friday NI Rocks Show on 20th May.
NI ROCKS Interview with BOB CATLEY from MAGNUM
British rock icons Magnum released their 19th studio album, called ‘Sacred Blood “Divine” Lies’, through SPV Steamhammer in February and are currently on a European tour to support that album. For the first time in several years that tour includes a date in Belfast; on Friday 27th May when they play in Limelight 1.
I spoke to Magnum singer Bob Catley on the phone on 17th May to chat about the album, the tour and a few other things. That chat can be heard on The Friday NI Rocks Show which is broadcast at 9pm on Friday 20th May – the Show is available now via the On Demand Player - http://www.rockradioni.co.uk/hosts/ni-rocks-friday-rock-show.html
Last Updated (Wednesday, 18 May 2016 19:29)
Hawkwind, Wishbone Ash, John Lees’ Barclay James Harvest and Pendragon head up HRH Prog 5
HRH Prog 5 is moving to a new level with an even bigger site, two arenas plus an amazing collection of Prog bands that were voted in by the fans. Leading the charge and solid HRH Prog favourites are Hawkwind and Wishbone Ash. Cycle 5 will also see the debut appearances of John Lees’s Barclay ...
THE TEMPERANCE MOVEMENT RELEASE REVOLUTIONARY ‘WHITE BEAR’ MUSIC VIDEO
British rock ‘n’ rollers THE TEMPERANCE MOVEMENT have released a revolutionary new music video for the title track of their new album, “White Bear“. The band teamed up with famed photographer, filmmaker and multimedia artist Steven Sebring, who created the spectacular ‘White Bear‘ album cover and has worked with the likes of Patti Smith, Neil ...
DORO | ‘RAISE YOUR FIST IN THE AIR’ LIVE CLIP REVEALED
The undisputed Queen of metal, DORO, is set to release forthcoming Blu-ray/DVD+CD package entitled Strong and Proud – 30 Years Of Rock And Metal on June 24th via Nuclear Blast. To give fans a taster of this release, the live clip for ‘Raise Your Fist In The Air’ (Live at Wacken) has been revealed today. ...
SKINDRED’S SECRETS OF SURVIVAL
Skindred’s frontman Benji Webbe and guitarist Mikey Demus dropped into ACM (Academy Of Contemporary Music) in Guildford to talk to students about how best to survive and succeed in the music business and also to play a special acoustic set. Formed in 1998, Skindred have gained an enviable reputation as an ultra-energetic, enthralling, and award-winning ...
NI ROCKS Recommends "Higher Time" by ELECTRIC CITIZEN
“Higher Time” is the second album from Cincinnati band Electric Citizen and it was released on 13th May through the RidingEasy label. I wasn’t sure what to expect from a band that is clearly influenced by that late 60’s / early 70’s almost psychedelic rock sound. However, this is one of those albums that just continues to grow on me every time I’ve listened to it. There is something inherently infectious in Laura Dolan’s vocals and the riffs provided by her husband Ross Dolan. The opening track “Evil” is included on the Friday NI Rocks Show on 13th May.
KREATOR announce tour with Sepultura, Soilwork and Aborted
PREPARE YOURSELVES TO RAISE THE FLAG OF HATE AGAIN! In early 2017, German thrash giants, KREATOR, will tour Europe in support of their upcoming, yet untitled new record. Legendary guitarist/singer Mille Petrozza and his crew will be accompanied by a varied as well as iconic billing. Brazilian-American extreme metal pioneers SEPULTURA are announced to be direct support to the headliners, ...
- CATS IN SPACE RELEASE SINGLE AND PREMIER NEW VIDEO
- ATTICA RAGE ANNOUNCE NEW ALBUM: “WARHEADS LTD” PLUS SUMMER FESTIVAL SHOWS AND UK TOUR IN AUTUMN 2016
- Freddie Mercury Scholarship at ACM Announced
- NI ROCKS Recommends "Unbreakable" by ONE LAST RUN
- NI ROCKS Interview with SKARLETT from SKARLETT RIOT
- NI ROCKS Interviews Available on MIXCLOUD
- LIVE REVIEW: Irontown Diehards bring style and hard rockin vibes to Limelight
- Ugly Kid Joe release new video 'Under The Bottom' featuring Phil Campbell
- INTERVIEW: Simon Hall from Bloodstock talks ahead of NI's Metal2TheMasses heat
- LIVE REVIEW: Masses of metal bringing the might of Belfast to bear for Metal2TheMasses final
- Dream Theatre debut official vid for 'Our New World'
- NOMINATIONS REVEALED FOR KERRANG! AWARDS 2016
- ANTI-FLAG ANNOUNCE HEADLINE UK SHOW IN PORTSMOUTH
- BUCKCHERRY Announce UK Eire Tour Dates 2016
- NI ROCKS Recommends "Released" by BLACKRAIN
- INTERVIEW: Zlatanera speak about progress so far...
- COMIN' ACTHA: Weekend metal, rock and maybe a beer or six...
- INTERVIEW: Part two of our interview with Cormac and Paul from The Answer
- LIVE REVIEW: Finland brings the party to Belfast in a folk metal fest courtesy of Moonsorrow and Korpiklaani
- LIVE REVIEW: All the groove as Corrosion of Conformity land in Belfast again with local heroes Zlatanera