Rock Radio Northern Ireland
HONEYMOON DISEASE SIGNS WITH NAPALM RECORDS
XANDRIA Release Details Of Upcoming EP!
XANDRIA’s new EP is called Fire & Ashes and it is going to be released worldwide on July 31st via Napalm Records! Have a glance at the wonderful cover art, that was designed by Felipe Machado, known also for his works with Rage, Blind Guardian, Iron Savior and Rhapsody of Fire, to name a few. ...
Lonely The Brave Announce ‘The Day’s War – Victory Edition’
Lonely The Brave today announce a special extended version of their phenomenal debut album, The Days War, which will be released on the 1st of June. Titled The Day’s War – Victory Edition, the 2 CD repack will include 12 as yet unreleased tracks, including 4 brand new songs. The Day’s War – Victory Edition ...
Counting Crows Announce Exclusive UK Show
Counting Crows announce exclusive UK show at Wolverhampton Civic Hall on Wednesday 10th June – a continuation for the worldwide Somewhere Under Wonderland tour. “Probably the coolest thing about a career like ours is the chance to really see the world. I’ll never forget when we landed in London to start our first European tour, or what it ...
NI ROCKS Recommends "Cry Havoc" by TYSONDOG
Tysondog was formed in 1983, rising out of the vibrant NWOBHM scene around Newcastle. They released a couple of albums before splitting up in 1987. Many NWOBHM bands failed to make that “big” breakthrough before the genre faded into the background somewhat. However, like all good things, NWOBHM lived on as a music genre – maybe not so “new” anymore and no longer just “British; rising from almost “cult” status to an increasing level of awareness amongst a new generation of rock fans. Some of those original NWOBHM artists from the 80’s are therefore getting a second chance at playing live and recording new material. Tysondog is one such band. Their new album “Cry Havoc” was released through Rocksector Records on 20th April.
SLAYER streams new track on YouTube
Southern Californian thrash metal pioneers SLAYER have released their first new track in nearly a year, ‘When The Stillness Comes’. Listen to the band’s eerie new offering here: SLAYER guitarist Kerry King explains that he was in an unusually bad mood when he wrote the band’s crushing new single: “We were touring Europe and ...
Chinese Missy Release Election Single ‘Blood On Your Hands’
Chinese Missy are a four piece band from London, playing a unique brand of trashy rock n’ roll. Since forming in 2012, they’ve had a lot to say for themselves. Last summer saw them take to the stage at Download Festival, backed by Red Bull Studios London. They also released their debut single, Kickin’ About, ...
ALBUM REVIEW: Remarkable release 'Reflection' from Cave of Swimmers
AS a reviewer you have the privilege of receiving a wide selection of albums across a variety of rock/punk/hardcore/metal genres. But there are times when you are downloading/streaming a album and reading the PR blurb causes the inner reviewer 'Pretentiousness Alarm' to sound.
That alarm can be so loud that it either has you
ALBUM REVIEW: The Poodles delve into the depths with Devil In The Details
SWEDISH melodic hard rockers The Poodles return with their newest studio release (their sixth in nine years), 'Devil in the Details' and with them about to
ALBUM REVIEW: Satan's Wrath get down with Lucifer on Die Evil
THERE'S a part of all of us metalheads that can't resist a bit of Venom, in its purest form. But, when self-avowed fans of the Geordie based three-piece take up arms - as do Satan's Wrath - does the very term 'black metal' become something to be parodied and sniggered about?
With previous releases 'Galloping Blasphemy' and 'Aeons
COMIN' ATCHA: UFO - still rockin' and back in Belfast...
THERE are a few bands that are enduring - musically and personally. Of those that survived the excesses of the 70s and 80s few can match the consistence of UFO.
They have been pounding the boards and keeping the hard rock flame alive for a long time - actually from 1969 (two years after your editor was born!).
- LIVE REVIEW: Darrenfest raised the money and the metal banner, with Bad Boat, Zlatanera and Rabid Bitch of the North
- NI ROCKS Recommends "Spin" by ROMEO'S DAUGHTER
- Belfast Metalheads reunited - 45b07a4cbae1225e576be640daffb858
- NI ROCKS Recommends "City of Heroes" by KISKE/SOMERVILLE
- INTERVIEW: Korpiklanni speak about what comes next...and more
- NI ROCKS Recommends "Venom" by IMPELLITTERI
- And this weekend brings y'all rock and metal in abundance
- LIVE REVIEW: Sweden's Void Moon surprise set earns plaudits with Baleful Creed and Terminus as awesome suupport
- ALBUM REVIEW: Swedish rockers Hardcore Superstar on top form on HCSS
- ALBUM REVIEW: Nightrage fail to live up to expectations on The Puritan
- LIVE REVIEW: Hateful violence that was such fun with Stand With Heretics, Basement Torture Killings and Abaddon Incarnate
- ALBUM REVIEW: Heroic return by Kiske/Somerville on City of Heroes
- Four days of fear, loathing and loudness...
- ALBUM REVIEW: Falconer go back in time to refresh their self-titled début
- Seven more bands for BLOODSTOCK’s Sophie Lancaster Stage!
- LIVE REVIEW: Sinocence launch Vol2 ep with a mighty supporting cast
- And then there was the Seige...and Northenr Ireland lay waste to Limerick
- NI ROCKS Recommends "Second Storm" by LANCER
- Weekend is coming....Easter weekend with all the weirdness of our licensing laws...
- ALBUM REVIEW: Nightwish excel on Endless Forms Most Beautiful...an early contender for album of the year