Rock Radio Northern Ireland
NI ROCKS Recommends "The Modern Age" by DARKTRIBE
As I’ve probably said before, the melodic / power metal genre can be a bit hit or miss with me. Many melodic (power) metal albums fail to deliver anything exciting, but others are well worth checking out. One of those that falls into the latter category is French band Darktribe’s second album “The Modern Age” which was released through Scarlet Records on 21st July. It might be the powerful vocals or the guitar riffs, or both, but it definitely stands out from some of the other melodic metal albums that I’ve heard.
NI ROCKS Interview with CATERINA NIX from CHAOS MAGIC
Caterina Nix is the vocalist in Chaos Magic, a band that features legendary guitarist and producer Timo Tolkki. The band’s self titled debut album was released through Frontiers Records on 6th July. Tolkki of course is a renowned guitarist, songwriter and producer; probably best known for his time in the band Stratovarius from 1984 to 2008. Caterina Nix is from Chile and also worked with Tolkki on Angels of the Apocalypse. She took the time to answer a few questions that I e-mailed to her.
ALBUM REVIEW: Screaming Eagles roar to next level on Stand Up And Be Counted
ROCK 'N' LOAD Interview with EYEHATEGOD
Brenda from Rock ‘n’ Load interviewed EyeHateGod when they played Belfast recently. Check out the video of her talking to Mike and Aaron.
TOXPACK SIGNS WITH NAPALM RECORDS!
Hailing from the capital of Germany this five-piece wrecking crew TOXPACK have announced a worldwide signing with Napalm Records. Featuring some of the heaviest Streetpunk/Streetcore in the world and already with plenty of miles on their backs, TOXPACK is now ready to take the next step together with Napalm Records! Founded in 2001 the band ...
SOULFLY | New track ‘Sodomites’ featuring Todd Jones (NAILS) premieres online
Metal icons SOULFLY have released a lyric video for brand new the track Sodomites. Listen to the new song over on YouTube: The track is taken from the band’s forthcoming 10th studio album Archangel and features Todd Jones (NAILS) on guest vocals. “I wrote this track about the wrath God which struck down Sodom for ...
SOILWORK Reveal Part One Of The Official “The Ride Majestic” documentary
Swedish visionary metallers SOILWORK are gearing up for the release of their forthcoming 10th studio album, The Ride Majestic, hitting stores worldwide on August 28, 2015 via Nuclear Blast Records. In preparation of the album’s release, SOILWORK has created a two-part mini documentary inviting fans and newcomers alike to take an insider’s look at their musical history. Vocalist Björn ‘Speed’ ...
LIVE REVIEW: Ramblin' Man Fair - Day 2 - damp but not defeated
IF the first day of Ramblin' Man Fair concluded with a warm evening following a sun-soaked Mote Park then those ill-prepared awoke to find Kent under a blanket of cloud and rainfall ranging from drizzle to complete downpours.
But, undaunted the crowd gathered, the mud underfoot and the water falling from the sky failing to dampen the enthusiasm.
THE DARKNESS UNVEIL NEW VIDEO FOR ‘LAST OF OUR KIND’
Having recently stormed Download with a secret set backed with a crowd of barbarians (and a 30 row strong crowd outside the tent!) The Darkness unleash a new single on 21st August. ‘Last of Our Kind’ is the title track of their recent 4th album which entered the UK charts at No. 12 on its ...
´77 – announce new album tour in Autumn with Michael Schenker’s Temple of Rock
Founded by the Valeta brothers, ’77 (pronounced Seventy Seven) reflects the ideology and musical concept of the Seventies, an era they artistically and aesthetically feel comfortable with and truly at home. Over the past years ’77 didn’t just make a name for themselves with their studio recordings, but particularly with their high energy live shows ...
NI ROCKS Recommends "Seven Sins" by STORMZONE
Usually my first full listen to a new album happens when I’m sitting at my desk in work early in the morning or on the bus home, listening to my iPod whilst I browse social media on my phone! Probably not ideal, but those are the realities! Anyway; sometimes an album, or at least some of the tracks, will just register instantly and I’ll think wow! Sometimes, that reaction is a little more slow burning and comes on the second or third listen. Sometimes, it just never happens! I’ll be honest and say that “Seven Sins”, the new release by Stormzone via Metal Nation Records on 3rd August, falls into that second category. I’m no expert on music, but maybe that reflects the band’s own comments that the album is a “little darker, deeper and more extensive” than normal and it takes a little more focus to appreciate how good it is! Whatever the reason, I’m now on my fifth or sixth play through the album, all the tracks are now firmly engrained in my head and that “wow” reaction happened several plays ago! No-one who has supported the band will need me to tell them that they should buy the album, but I will anyway!
- LIVE REVIEW: Ramblin' Man Fair - a feast of Rock on Day One
- BUTCHER BABIES ‘Take It Like A Man’ is available for pre-order now
- THERAPY? ANNOUNCE ONE OFF UK HEADLINE SHOW PLAYING ‘INFERNAL LOVE’ IN FULL
- DRACONIAN UNVEIL DETAILS OF UPCOMING ALBUM!
- SEETHING AKIRA RELEASE NEW VIDEO FOR SINGLE ‘AIRSTRIKE’
- NI ROCKS Recommends "Chaos Magic" by CHAOS MAGIC
- KADAVAR DISCUSS NEW SONGS IN THIRD TRACK BY TRACK TRAILER
- RavenEye Confirm U.S Tour Supporting Slash!
- FEAR FACTORY | NEW TRACK ‘DIELECTRIC’ POSTED ONLINE
- NEWS: Evil Scarecrow road appeal; Thundermother get Road Fever and Gus G's Revolution
- NI ROCKS Recommends "Old Habits Die Hard" by DIMINO
- NEWS: Raging Speedhorn live ep for Pledgers; Between the Buried and Me chart
- ALBUM REVIEW: Cattle Decapitation ready the release of dystopian tales on The Anthropocene Extinction
- NI ROCKS Recommends "Stand Up And Be Counted" by SCREAMING EAGLES
- MONSTER MAGNET To Release Cobras and Fire (The Mastermind Redux) Oct 9th
- QUEENSRŸCHE Announce New Album
- QUEENSRŸCHE Announce New Album And Premiere New Track ‘Arrow Of Time’
- NEWS: More bands added to Bloodstock line-up
- EP REVIEW: Buck and Evans rip it up on new release
- COMPETITION: Win tickets to see Megadeth, Lamb of God, Children of Bodom and Sylosis on the same bill on the same night