Rock Radio Northern Ireland
NI ROCKS Recommends "After The Rain" by WICKMAN ROAD
Wickman Road is a young band from Sweden and they released their debut album entitled “After The Rain” through the AOR Heaven label on 24th June. As I’ve mentioned before, the melodic rock / AOR genre is one that I struggle with sometimes as the tracks can be too “melodic” and not “heavy” enough. Sometimes I’ll manage to find just one track on a melodic rock album that I like or would play on the NI Rocks Shows. Other times, as with this new album by Wickman Road, there’ll be enough tracks I like to make it worthy of an album recommendation. I played the title track “After The Rain” on the NI Rocks A-Z Show on 21st June.
Last Updated (Thursday, 30 June 2016 20:07)
EP REVIEW: Punk and hip-hop? Nova Twins confound on début releas
WHEN we hear the words "hip-hop" we normally wouldn't touch it with a barge pole - and probably wearing a hazmat suit and airport issue hearing protectors. But add the word 'punk' and we are intrigued.
Approaching the début release from Nova Twins cautiously, one gentle play at a time, slightly nervous that we might like it, members of the team circled around as each track emerged.
The death metal correspondent cast evil looks, muttering spells to protect his
Don't forget - RHCP play Tennent's Vital
C'MON, there are plenty of gigs coming up as you'll have seen from recent posts. While we can't wait for some of the heaviest of the heaviest play Belfast, we still have a soft spot for the Red Hot Chili Peppers, and they're playing Belfast's Tennents Vital on August 25th.
Sure there will be torture beforehand in the shape of Fall Out Boy and Cage the Elephant, but it surely will be worth it for RHCP.
Anyway here's the promo video:
NEWS Sludge lords (16) release new song ahead of album outing
Sludge veterans -(16)- have just shared "Landloper," another brand-new single from their forthcoming seventh full-length album Lifespan Of A Moth via heavy metal portal Cvlt Nation!<div style="margin: 0cm 0cm
NEWS: Tarja video for single 'Innocence' released ahead of new album
WITH the release of Tarja
NEWS: Hotly tipped Welcome Back Delta to release second album ahead of Hard Rock Hell other fest slots
MUCH touted hard blues act, Welcome Back Delta, are set to release their second album
NEWS: Grunge supergroup Hater's 1993 album to be re-released
REMEMBER grunge? Remember when there were actually some 'grunge' acts that were actually not too bad? And, out of that Seattle hotbed came an act that were sort of a grunge version of a supergroup.
While many might have missed out on their release in the hype of checked shirts and posing you can now have a chance to find out more with UMC re-releasing the 1993album...here's why it's worth checking out.
Ben Shepherd returned to
NEWS: Jaz brings Killing Joke to Belfast....on Halloween night
FIRST we had Saxon, Fastway and Girlschool were announced for October 30th. Then DistortionFest, with Warrior Soul and Lord Volture was announced for October 29th.
And, now you'll have to make sure you have enough beer tokens as Killing Jokeare playing Belfast on Halloween night.
The iconic goth/industrial/electronic metal act led by the insanely talented Jaz Coleman are confirmed by to play Limelight1 on October 31st.
The band are currently riding on a
NI ROCKS Recommends "Don't Wait For Heroes" by ZAR
We get quite a lot of music submitted electronically to Rock Radio NI and I always try to have a listen to it all. Generally, I’ll only download albums or tracks that fit within my own tastes and that I intend playing on the NI Rocks Shows. Sometimes I’ll download an album that I like the sound of but not have time to listen to it properly for a while; and then when I do, I feel that I’ve been missing out on something! That was exactly the reaction after listening to “Don’t Wait For Heroes”, the new album from the band ZAR that was released through Metalapolis Records on 24th June (though Amazon shows the release date as 22nd July). I’ll be playing the title track from the album on the Friday NI Rocks Show on 1st July and another on the NI Rocks A-Z Show on 5th July.
Last Updated (Wednesday, 29 June 2016 21:05)
NEWS:The boom is coming as DistortionFest brings Warrior Soul and Lord Volture for 16th birthday party
AFTER the success of last year's 15th Anniversary of The Distortion Project party, Mr James Loveday has announced DistortionFest 2016 - a 16th birthday show with 14 bands across the Limelight complex on 29th October
Headlining will be - all the way from the US of A, Warrior Soul.
Also appearing will be the awesome Lord Volture, as well as Bloodway from Romania and Valborg from Germany.
Confirmed local acts are Rabid Bitch Of The North and Zlatanera.
NEWS: Wacken release DVD and CD of 2015
LOUDER Than Hell and also Rain or Shine, both are W:O:A slogans and true it is, a great festival that will enlighten also in 2016 again 75.000 Metalheads having the best time of their summer.
Just in time for this year
- NEWS: JOANovARC release new single and video
- NEWS: Blackfoot coming back
- NI ROCKS Recommends "Machination" by SECRET RULE
- NI ROCKS Recommends "Departed" EP by DEPARTED
- ALBUM REVIEW: Don't let the silly title put you off - Acid Age's latest release has class in its hyper speed grooves
- ALBUM REVIEW: The Amorettes on blistering form - true White Hot Heat
- NEWS: NWOBHM pioneers Grim Reaper set for a new album.
- NEWS: Motionless In White release new track
- ALBUM REVIEW: Six Feet Under dig into the vaults for Graveyard Classics IV - The Number Of The Priest
- ALBUM REVIEW: Stampeding thrash - Enrage The Beast second release from Bull-Riff Stampede
- NI ROCKS Recommends "Heavy Rock Radio" by JORN
- NI ROCKS Interview with BECKY from ONE LAST RUN
- JON ANDERSON, TREVOR RABIN AND RICK WAKEMAN REUNITE TO FORM ANDERSON, RABIN WAKEMAN (ARW)
- Heart – New Album “Beautiful Broken” out on 8th July and UK Tour
- NEWS: Frontiers go all metal with new festival
- NEWS: Derange prep for Bloodstock with new single
- COMIN' ATCHA: Metal community sues for bankruptcy as more shows announced...includi ng Onslaught, Alient Ant Farm, and much, much more
- ALBUM REVIEW: Welsh rockers Buffalo Summer hit and miss on second release
- LIVE REVIEW: Eroding the boat of metal woe...Distortion Project's Saturday of mighty mayhem
- NI ROCKS Recommends "Never Alone" by STITCHED UP HEART