Rock Radio Northern Ireland
LIVE REVIEW: All-star celebration for Diamond Rock Club's 10th Birthday Party
Despite this, for 10 years it has kept going, attracting faithful fans, with a family atmosphere and attracting national and international acts to its intimate surroundings.
METAL CHURCH | Listen to new track ‘Killing Your Time’ online
Heavy metal titans METAL CHURCH have released a new track entitled ‘Killing Your Time’, from their forthcoming new album XI, due for release on March 25th via Nuclear Blast Records. Listen to the track over on YouTube: ‘Killing Your Time’ is available to order digitally via iTunes: http://nblast.de/MetalChurchXIIT XI was produced by Kurdt ...
MICHAEL MONROE Releases “Goin’ Down With The Ship” Video
Legendary singer Michael Monroe has premiered the video for “Goin’ Down With the Ship”, the latest single from his 2015-released studio album, Blackout States. The video arrives just as Monroe and his regular touring band hit US shores for a two-week run of shows. “The song is not necessarily about sailing or seamanship as such,” ...
NEWS: Discharge new album on its way
A FEW lucky souls caught Discharge's Belfast show recently. In the wake of the show we received this press release about their latest release. Full press release is below:
UK based crust legends Dischargeannounced their signing to Nuclear Blast late last year. After the release of their
INTERVIEW: Brian from The Black Dahlia Murder talks albums, drummers and...sports
A COUPLE of weeks back we were down in Dublin for a tremendous set from The Black Dahlia Murder as they tore apart the Voodoo Lounge.
The review is here, but before the show we caught up with Brian to chat through a pretty wide variety of things...Here's what he said:
ALBUM REVIEW: Acid Age axeman exercises his right to shred
THERE must come a time in every guitarists life as a six-string axe slinger that they need to get the shit out of their system, step away from their band for a brief time and indulge in total guitar wankery.
Yet few take that opportunity...Not so Acid Age's Jude Milk, who has recently released his solo effort 'Kithara'.
While many could see this as a self-indulgent act, what is clear from a couple of listens this is an accomplished instrumental mini-album,
LIVE REVIEW: Metal2TheMasses NI Heat One sees metallic assaults and enthusiastic response
FOUR hopefuls, four bands that left everything on stage, four bands determined to give it their best shot at reaching Bloodstock 2016.
The Metal2TheMasses contest got underway in Belfast's Limelight2 on February 6th, with its usual format of voting: 50% an audience vote, 50% from the judges. My fellow judge and colleague Mark Ashby were faced with a difficult task. After all, the audience can be as partisan as they like, but passing judgement had to be impartial and considered.<br
THE VINTAGE CARAVAN reveal bonkers video for ‘Babylon’
Icelandic classic rock trio THE VINTAGE CARAVAN have released the official video for ‘Babylon’ and true to form, the guys have created a hilariously demented masterpiece! The video has to be seen to be believed so check it out on YouTube here: The band commented: “The Vintage Caravan and Sympatico proudly present to you the new ...
Download Festival 2016 Announce 36 New Bands And ‘The Lemmy Stage’
With an already incredible lineup thus far, including headliners Rammstein, Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden, Download Festival 2016 have announced a further 36 bands. Festival organizers have also announced that the main stage this year, will be named ‘The Lemmy stage’, in honour of the late and great Motörhead frontman. A tribute will also be held for Lemmy during the ...
NI ROCKS Recommends "High Noon" by SHAKRA
I’ve been a fan of Swiss band Shakra for quite a few years and it was great to see a new album entitled “High Noon” being released via AFM Records on 29th January. This album marks the return of original vocalist Mark Fox, with whom the band had recorded their first 7 studio albums between 1998 and 2009. Fox had been replaced on the past 2 albums by John Prakesh, but he left in 2014; opening the way for a reconciliation within the band. Both of the albums released with Prakesh were great, but it is nice to see the return of Fox.
- RavenEye Nominated For Best New Band By Planet Rock
- PORT NOIR reveal release date and details for new album.
- FLESHGOD APOCALYPSE premiere official video for ‘Cold As Perfection’
- THE DEFILED ANNOUNCE RESCHEDULED UK HEADLINE TOUR
- BOMBUS Launch Video For New Song ‘Deadweight’
- CROWBAR Announce European Tour Dates
- NI ROCKS Recommends "Resurrection Kings" by RESURRECTION KINGS
- RICKY WARWICK Discusses Working With Sam Robinson
- LIVE REVIEW: The Black Dahlia Murder - death metal plus fun equals a mighty show
- Ugly Kid Joe Amongst First Wave Of Bands Announced for Hard Rock Hell X
- ALBUM REVIEW: Ricky Warwick showcases style and talent in this double album release
- LIVE REVIEW: Goatschlager tear it up in Ballymena
- ALBUM REVIEW: Avantasia release the second chaptwe with star-studded support on Ghostlights
- NI ROCKS Playlists for JANUARY 2016
- NI ROCKS Recommends "Nordic Union" by NORDIC UNION
- SLIPKNOT WINNER
- NI ROCKS Recommends "Rulebreaker" by PRIMAL FEAR
- NI ROCKS Recommends "Hit The Gas" by WORRY BLAST
- THE CADILLAC THREE Kick Off their UK Tour At ‘The Wardrobe’ This Week
- TEXTURES Release Drum Playthrough For ‘Illuminate The Trail’