Rock Radio Northern Ireland
NI ROCKS Recommends "Thunder, Storm & Passion" by MAD MAX
The latest release from German band Mad Max entitled “Thunder, Storm and Passion” is actually a “best of” album, as it contains new recordings of tracks from the three albums that the band released through Roadrunner Records between 1984 -1987. However, if like myself, you don’t have copies of “Rollin Thunder”, “Stormchild” or “Night of Passion”; the release of “Thunder, Storm and Passion” by the band’s current label Steamhammer/ SPV on 28th August will provide you with access to some great 80’s rock music. I’ve already played the opening track “Fly, Fly Away” on the Friday NI Rocks Show and there will definitely be more tracks featured on the shows.
NI ROCKS Recommends "Nomad" by MIKE TRAMP
Mike Tramp will invariably be known to most people as the frontman for White Lion, even though he has an ever increasing catalogue of great, post White Lion music and he has made it clear on many occasions that there will be no reunion. The latest album from Mike Tramp is “Nomad” which is released through Target Music on 28th August. Tramp has referred to “Nomad” as the third part of a trilogy in a musical and personal journey, following on from “Cobblestone Street” in 2013 and “Museum” in 2014. This time the album features a full band throughout and it really is worth checking out. You can catch Mike Tramp and his band in the Diamond Rock Club, Ahoghill on Saturday 12th September.
Last Updated (Friday, 28 August 2015 00:44)
BABYMETAL TO HEADLINE WEMBLEY ARENA NEXT APRIL
BABYMETAL have announced their return to the UK next year. The worldwide phenomenon will headline London SSE Arena Wembley on April 2nd 2016. Tickets go on sale 10am Wednesday 2nd September. The news comes ahead of their main stage performance at Reading & Leeds Festivals this weekend, marking the end of an impressive summer that’s ...
WOLF announce tour with Enforcer
The autumn is going to be a celebration of Swedish steel! WOLF founded in 1995 and were the first wave of the NWOSHM (New Wave Of Swedish Heavy Metal). They inspired the next generation like Enforcer who came to birth in 2004 with a new Speed Metal approach while the new kids on the block, ...
DEEZ NUTS Announce European and UK Tour
After an extensive European tour with Stick To Your Guns, Trash Talk and Being As An Ocean as well as shows in Russia, Greece and several festival appearances DEEZ NUTS return to Europe and the UK. Joining them are Special Guests Nasty, Expire, Astroid Boys (Nov 20 – Nov 30), Coldburn (Dec 6 – Dec ...
AMORPHIS RELEASE OFFICIAL VIDEO FOR NEW TRACK ‘SACRIFICE’
Finnish masters of melancholic progressive metal, AMORPHIS, have released the second single to their forthcoming album Under The Red Cloud. “This song presents a bit more of familiar AMORPHIS track, with catchy choruses and a melodic touch”, comments guitarist Esa Holopainen. “The video for ‘Sacrifice’ was shot in Helsinki and Hämeenlinna and follows the lyrical themes of the song.” Check out ...
ALBUM REVIEW: Where black metal and folk collide as Myrkur unveil surprises on 'M'
RELAPSE Records are one of those labels that never cease to amaze, and how they always pick a winner is anyone
ALBUM REVIEW: Lynch Mob stand proud on the latest release from a rebel with a Cause...
GEORGE Lynch must be the busiest man in rock at the minute. Less than a year after the last Lynch Mob album, Sun Red Sun, and following on the back of the excellent collaboration with Michael Sweet comes 'The Rebel'.
BLOODSTOCK: By Any Means, Overoth, Dead Label and many more at one of the best fests
BLOODSTOCK'S joy, beer and searing heat (yes, the sun shone for all four days of a UK festival!) still resonates in the memory.
It was not our intention at any stage to work at this festival - we were there to relax. But somewhere along the way some of our colleagues managed to con us into interviewing a few bands and giving an overview of the fest.
Before getting down to the interviews it's fair to say that with more than 100 bands playing some of the most extreme
HEXVESSEL sign to Century Media Records
HEXVESSEL and Century Media Records are proud to announce a worldwide deal for the upcoming releases of the Finnish psychedelic folk rock band. Vocalist and guitarist Mat McNerney (also singer in Grave Pleasures) comments: “In many ways the new Hexvessel songs are a new beginning for the band. The time we have invested in this ...
THE WHITE BUFFALO signs European deal with Earache Records
Earache Records is very proud to announce a European deal with California-based recording artist THE WHITE BUFFALO for his new album, ‘Love and the Death of Damnation‘ Led by singer/songwriter Jake Smith, THE WHITE BUFFALO is probably best known for his numerous song placements in the TV series Sons of Anarchy, including the series finale ...
- FOR TODAY unleashes official video for ‘Broken Lens’
- GRAVEYARD Releases Hilarious Official Video For New Track
- WINNERS! Winners for Megadeth, Lamb of God, CoB and Sylosis drawn
- HIGH ON FIRE – announce European Tour in Oct/Nov
- Faster Pussycat, GUN Pat Travers Announced For HRH 9
- ALBUM REVIEW: Kataklysm crush himanity's delusions on Of Ghosts and Gods
- ALBUM REVIEW: Kataklysm crush humanity's delusions on Of Ghosts and Gods
- BLACK TONGUE – pre-order for ‘The Unconquerable Dark’ available now
- ENTER SHIKARI ANNOUNCE ‘THE MINDSWEEP: HOSPITALISED’
- ALBUM REVIEW: Battlecross defy genre conventions to deliver contemporary metal excellence as they 'Rise to Power'
- COMIN' ATCHA! !5 years, 21 bands The Distortion Project rolls out the Ormeau Avenue Red Carpet for birthday celebrations
- INTERVIEW: Goodbye Million$Reload hello Blackwater Conspiracy
- ALBUM REVIEW: Horrific future shcok from Factory on Genexus but with hope somewhere within the musical mythos
- ALBUM REVIEW: Horrific future shock from Factory on Genexus but with hope somewhere within the musical mythos
- SOILWORK | ‘The Ride Majestic’ track snippets posted online
- DEVIL CITY ANGELS – self-titled debut album available for pre-order
- NI ROCKS Interview with Phil from BLACKWATER CONSPIRACY (MILLION DOLLAR RELOAD)
- NI ROCKS Recommends "Rebel" by LYNCH MOB
- MALEVOLENT CREATION Launch Lyric Video To New Song
- Altered Sky Announce Debut Album ‘Without Wonderland’