Rock Radio Northern Ireland
NI ROCKS Interview with JOE LYNN TURNER (Feb 2015)
Back in November I posted an interview with Joe Lynn Turner that we’d done via e-mail. That interview covered his latest release with Rated X and numerous other projects. (http://www.rockradioni.co.uk/interviews/1725-ni-rocks-interview-with-joe-lynn-turner.html) Since then the former Rainbow and Deep Purple singer has announced a series of solo shows across the UK, including one in Voodoo, Belfast on 4th April, so I took the opportunity to record a new interview with JLT for the Friday NI Rocks Show and get him to select some tracks to play. We chatted for about 25 minutes and JLT talks about the upcoming solo shows, his hopes for Rated X, upcoming plans including appearances on the “Rock Meets Classic” tour and working with Richie Blackmore, the Hughes Turner Project and more.
The interview was recorded on 20th February and was broadcast on Friday 27th February. It is available from the On Demand Player now - http://www.rockradioni.co.uk/hosts/ni-rocks-friday-rock-show.html (the show uploaded on 26th Feb) and for the next 8 weeks.
Last Updated (Saturday, 28 February 2015 12:37)
NI ROCKS Recommends "Armageddonize" by ECLIPSE
“Armageddonize” is the fifth album from Swedish band Eclipse and it was released on 20th February 2015 through Frontiers Records. The album maintains the band’s melodic rock core, but there does seem to be a heavier edge to many of the tracks. Singer Erik Martensson and guitarist Magnus Henriksson continue to be the driving force behind the band.
Last Updated (Wednesday, 25 February 2015 22:33)
INTERVIEW: Keep of Kalessin's Obsidian C speaks about artwork, Eurovision and production
Recently, Jamie from our partner website Devils Gate Media caught up with Obsidian C, now the front man of KEEP OF KALESSIN. Before discussing the new album, ‘Epistermology’, there was something else on Jamie’s mind…
Thanks for taking the time to talk to us. If
INTERVIEW: Buy merch or die...Waylander chat ahead of Hammerfest VII appearance
THEY were amongst the first to merge folk and metal, to bring together traditional sounds with the might of metal as far back as the early 90s - they are Waylander.
And, as they prepare for their appearance at Hammerfest VII in a couple of short weeks we caught up with
ALBUM REVIEW: Black Star Riders beginning to establish their own identity on The Killer Instinct
THE Black Star Riders are to many an enigma. Emerging from the ashes of Thin Lizzy's dying embers, their last album 'All Hell Breaks Loose' there was a definite whiff of compromise between the Lizzy template and Ricky Warwick's powerful influence.
Certainly some hardcore Lizzy devotees (including our contributor Baal)
NEWS: Norn Iron's Terminus take on Europe...Europe doesn't stand a chance
BACK in the dim and distant past 'eavy metaaal was not a complicated patchwork of genres and sub-genres. It was simply 'eavy fuggin' metal, played loud and proud.
Harkening back to those days are Northern Ireland's Terminus, who are preparing for a European assault.
This five piece takes
ALBUM REVIEW: FM lay bare the Art of AOR on Heroes and Villains
REGARDED by many as the UK's answer to Bon Jovi in the eighties, FM will release their fourth studio album since their return from hiatus in 2008, 'Heroes and Villains', on April 17th, but are they still relevant and interesting?
ALBUM REVIEW: Smash Into Pieces have modern radio-friendly rock on Apocalypse DJ
WHEN it comes to a wealth of diverse music, the Scandinavian countries have the lion's share, and the latest evidence comes for Smash into Pieces as they let rip with radio-friendly rock on their second album 'Apocalypse DJ'.
Follwing on from their 2013 debut album 'Unbreakable' and consists of eleven tracks
NI ROCKS Recommends "We Are The Brave" by SKARLETT RIOT
Skarlett Riot may be a band that will find its biggest following among the younger generation of rock fans, but their new EP “We Are The Brave” has made a fan out of a (young at heart) rocker in his mid 40s! The band formed back in 2010 and already have a successful debut album and impressive list of live appearances under their belt. I must admit though that I didn’t know much about them until this new EP arrived via Factory Music. “We Are The Brave” was released on 16th February.
NI ROCKS Recommends Debut EP by BIGFOOT
Bigfoot is a band featuring five guys from the Wigan area of North West England. They’ve recently released a four track EP centred around the single “The Other Side of Paradise”. We’d been sent the EP by the band’s PR team and I played the single on the Friday NI Rocks Show last week. Definitely a release worth investigating!
- NI ROCKS Interview with NIGEL BAILEY (THREE LIONS & BAILEY)
- INTERVIEW: Jake Rogers of Visigoth tells us about the influences of the band and the background of The Revenant King
- INTERVIEW: No Hot Ashes' Eamon talks Ramblin' Man Fair and album release
- ALBUM REVIEW: Raising a Little Hell with The Answer
- NEWS: Ramblin Man Fair sees No Hot Ashes join Dream Theatre, Scorpions and Saxon - plus many more
- ALBUM REVIEW: Finnish folksters Ensiferum flay on One Man Army
- NEWS: Reinventing Scops, when free album isn't free, Satyr on the opera, and Coal Chamber album
- NEWS: Reinventing Scorps, when free album isn't free, Satyr on the opera, and Coal Chamber album
- LIVE REVIEW: Hydrocarbon powered rock as Murray, St Hellfire, Baleful Creed Gasoline Outlaws rock the King's Head
- NI ROCKS Recommends "Transposed Emotions" by SECRET RULE
- INTERVIEW: Sahg frontman Olav Iversen talks about festivals, Delusions of Grandeur and a little white lie he told in Belfast
- COMIN' ATCHA: Remember last year? Remember the Quireboys acoustic Diamond show? It's coming back
- NEWS: Brent gets ejected; Smashed to Pieces tour
- NEWS: Brent gets ejected; Monster Truck and Korpiklaani album artwork
- ALBUM REVIEW: German folk/pagan metal from Finsterforst explores the dark forest mythos
- LIVE REVIEW: Sick Of It All bring NY hardcore to Belfast backed by By Any Means and Murdock
- ALBUM REVIEW: Potty mouth punk thrash from Gehannah on Metal Police
- Belfast Metalheads reunited - c993834dd5b1c4fa1c6c8405b2ec889b
- LIVE REVIEW: Noise attacks in the Voodoo from Zlatanera, Slomatics and The Hornets
- NI ROCKS Recommends "Heavy Train" by BLACK WHISKEY