Rock Radio Northern Ireland
NI ROCKS Recommends "Midnight Confessions" by AUDIO PORN
One of the first “NI Rocks recommends” that I posted back in September 2012 was for the debut album from Audio Porn entitled “Jezebel’s Kiss”. The follow up entitled “Midnight Confessions” was released through J/K records on 17th September. The previous album contained a mix of heavier tracks and slower tunes, but the new album steps things up a gear with a heavier edge throughout. What hasn’t changed is a penchant for rather raunchy album covers and lyrics that are a bit less than politically correct! Sounds like a winning combination for me!
NI ROCKS Interview with TAVE WANNING from ADRENALINE RUSH
Swedish band Adrenaline Rush released their self-titled debut album through Frontiers Records on 22nd August (http://www.rockradioni.co.uk/back-stage/music-reviews/1625-ni-rocks-recommends-qadrenaline-rushq-by-adrenaline-rush.html ). The band consists of Tave Wanning on vocals, Ludvig Turner and Alexander Hagman on guitars, Soufia Ma’Aoui on bass and Marcus Johansson on drums. Erik Martensson from W.E.T. has been heavily involved in the album from the outset.
NEWS - Triple dose of metal for Indian Summer - Anathema, Carcass and Dragonforce. Neck snapping time!
REGULAR readers will know that earlier this year we dubbed it the "Summer of Metal" given the plethora of appearances in Norn Iron by international and national acts - a big debt of appreciation owed by fans to all the promoters is due.
But as temperatures reach unfeasibly high levels for mid-September the 'Summer of Metal' rolls
NI ROCKS Recommends "Leave Me Alone" by NICK OLIVERI
Music aficionados (and fans of the bands of course) will know Nick Oliveri as the bass player from Kyuss, Queens of the Stone Age and Dwarves (to name a few). Even if the name Nick Oliveri isn’t instantly recognizable to you however, there’s a fairly good chance that you might recognise him from one of the Queens of the Stone Age videos from around 2002. Oliveri has kept himself rather busy since splitting from QOTSA in 2004 and has just released a solo album entitled “Leave Me Alone”. The album was released through Schnitzel Records on 15th September.
NI ROCKS Recommends "Megalomania" by KISSIN DYNAMITE
I’m no expert on the definition of rock genres and generally dislike the industry’s need to categorise music into a seemingly endless list of sub-genres. Kissin Dynamite from southern Germany still get referred to as a glam rock band, whatever that is taken to define these days. “Glam” rock is one of those labels or genres that can be hit or miss with me. Bad glam rock can be very, very bad!! Thankfully “Megalomania” the new album from Kissin Dynamite definitely doesn’t fall into that category! The “power metal” label that I’ve also seen applied to the band might be more appropriate! No matter how you want to label it though, “Megalomania”, which was released by AFM Records on 8th September is a great album, well worth checking out.
ALBUM REVIEW: Weaponized NWOBHM - Weapon (UK) Rise from the Ashes with classic smooth metal release
OKAY children, gather round the comfort of the fire, settle back and listen to a tale of way back; when denim and leather were the only fashion statement worth making, when bringing on the heartbreak was a source of joy and when we were running free to the sound of heavy metal.
As the winters of discontent and economic
EP REVIEW: Dead Daisies rockin' out with a set of good old fever pitch on Face I Love
CAST your mind back some time and you'll remember that the 'supergroup' that is Dead Daisies wowed audiences when they supported Black Star Riders in a Christmas show in Limelight1.
They proved that they were not just another band of geezers intent on lapping up the cash, but were a bunch of musos having a good time,
LIVE REVIEW: Raconteur, musician, entertainer Mike Tramp wows with acoustic set at Diamond Rock Club
WHEN it comes to live entertainment, it is a tough gig. Entertainers are supposed to stand in front of strangers, making them smile, laugh, cry, applaud and generally go home happy.
Standing on a stage, with only an acoustic guitar and a mic makes the task even harder. No backing band, no fireworks or dancing girls...
ALBUM REVIEW: Blue Pills produce something of a stunner with their first full-length release
PROCLAIMED as the true inheritors of hard rock heritage - never mind what the media say about Royal Blood - Blue Pills have earned real appreciation from the rock intelligentsia.
And, with the release of their first full length album, Blue Pills don't disappoint.
From the opening track of 'High Class Woman',
ALBUM REVIEW: X-Drive fail to stand out with solid if unspectacularUS rock
X-DRIVE, founded by guitarist Jeremy Brunner, includes drummer Fred Fischer and bassist James Lomenzo, well-known amongst White Lion, Black Label Society and Megadeth fans. Completing the line up is Burning Rain/Montrose vocalist, Keith St. John.
ALBUM REVIEW: Garcia keeps the groove coming with self-titled release
WELL it had to happen. the multi-talented John Garcia finally clawed his way out of the shadow of those he has played and collaborated with previously.
- LIVE REVIEW: Birthday partying metal celebrations as Sinocence, Collapse, By Any Means, Cutter and Donum Dei level Ormeau Avenue
- LIVE REVIEW: Rock Metal magic strikes a spell over the Voodoo thanks to Villanova Junction, Conjuring Fate Maverick
- ALBUM REVIEW: Brimstone Coven bridging metal and psychedelia
- ALBUM REVIEW: Bestial Blackness from Belphegor on Conjuring the Dead
- INTERVIEW: Sinocence: 13 years, new release, stormer of a gig coming on Saturday and much more
- NEWS: Three months to shake 2014
- LIVE REVIEW: Satan slayed by Nomadic Rituals, Astralnaut and Zlatanera
- NI ROCKS Playlists for August 2014
- NI ROCKS Interview with BLACK STATE HIGHWAY
- ALBUM REVIEW: Accept awe with Blind Rage release and toast their progenitors
- NEWS: Rory Gallagher's Irish Tour '74 released in 8-disc deluxe package
- NEWS: Cavaleras' extra busy (again) and Steak release video for new song
- ALBUM REVIEW: Comply or Die bow out with stormer album in the shape of Northless
- NEWS: Lepps and American Football...
- NI ROCKS Recommends "Double Agent" by MISS BEHAVIOUR
- ALBUM REVIEW: Overkill strike hard on #17 with fully armed White Devil Armory
- NEWS: Symphony X, Inter Arma, Nonpoint
- NEWS: Mike LePond, Inter Arma, Nonpoint updates
- NI ROCKS Recommends "The Answer of Insanity" by FAITHSEDGE
- NEWS: SLF hit lucky 13 in Rock Album charts